For more photos, visit our Facebook page.
Today is Tuesday April 9, 2018.
This week, there is only one student in the classroom, and she is not feeling well so we are taking some time to have water and mint tea and rest. Our other student is presently on a vacation with his family. Pray for our students and their families–
- pray for their health
- pray for their vehicles
- pray for their jobs
- pray for their children and the special needs of the deaf child in particular
- pray for their desire to know and serve God.
Pray for our witness to them as we come alongside and pray for them, talk with them, encourage them, cry with them, share God’s love with them.
In the pictures above:
- a digger was doing some work removing debris in the parking area across from the school. We asked if he could move this tree trunk for us and he did. In exchange, we provided housing for the digger for two nights 🙂
- the sky has been so blue and clear. We are having the Spring dryness that precedes the wet weeks of May. In May we tend to have some flooding… nothing spectacular but with so many people still living with blue tarp roofs, I know we could use less rain. Though the plants are wanting more rain. Thank God that HE KNOWS and in His sovereignty, He will provide.
- First Friday Fun! The first Friday evening of every month, we have a games and fellowship night for the Deaf and those interested in practicing sign language. This month our regular group of attendees showed up and we rejoiced with those that have had their power restored recently.
Continue to pray for Puerto Rico as we approach Hurricane Season 2018 and continue to recover from Hurricane Season 2017. It’s been a rough ride and God has been our Provider of grace in time of need.
Pray with us about:
- the need for teachers so that we can take in new students
- the need for workers so that we can reach out to families around the island – with home Bible studies, friendship, discipleship
- the need for workers so that we can begin a Literacy Course for Deaf Adults.
- the need for workers to help begin Adult Education Classes for the Deaf (plus provide child care)
The needs may seem small but for the isolated community of Deaf persons spread about Puerto Rico, the loneliness and lack of support is huge. Pray with us as we seek to be God’s Hands to this community.