The island and infrastructure is beginning to recover. A small percentage has electricity. We do not. But we have a generator and hope for the day when those trucks come here and restore our lights.
What we really could use are small self sufficient teams of 6 or less WORKers.
- We need to pressure wash and paint parts of the buildings.
- We need to remove dead trees from the field and perimeter where we left them after the storm.
- We need to do some indoor painting.
- We need to put up new rain spouts.
- We need to build a new wall and block in a door that blows out too often.
- We need to do general maintenance on the grounds and buildings – repairing leaky places and revisiting the hot water solar heating units.
But we don’t have electricity yet. So keep that in mind.
The dorms are your choice of (a) smelly and noisy from the generator but you’d have lights and fans or (b) dark and quiet with an extension cord to run some appliances.
The school kitchen has limited refrigeration space but you could share. And we have a propane gas stove for cooking (i.e. boiling water to add to dehydrated meals).
Contact Betsy at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a date for your hard workers to come and lend a hand with us.